Thursday, January 18, 2007

5 things you didn't know about me

Cyndi and Susanne both tagged me for this little meme. These are five things you didn't know about me, unless you know me. Does that make sense??

1) I lived in Southern California just 10 minutes from Disneyland until six years ago. Then the Lord moved us to the Foothills of Northern California for five years and finally to the beautiful mid-west.

2) I majored in Accounting, but I always dreamed of being a teacher.

3) I accepted Jesus as my Savior at the age of 10. I had started attending a little baptist church on the corner across from my elementary school. I was invited by a friend. I can still remember my first Sunday School teacher, Mr. Roberts.

4) I have always liked the beach, the feel of the sand, the smell of the ocean, and boats. As a teenager, my friend and I would go sailing in the harbor. We would sail these little two man boats (I forget the name) and they would easily tip over which was half the fun.

5) I love to read. One of my favorite things is to take a whole day and find a quiet corner and wrap myself around a good book, but it is a rarity, so instead I often stay up too late reading.


So, there it is. Things you may or may not know about me.
If you would like to do this little meme, go ahead consider yourself tagged.

13 comments:

Kelly said...

I didn't know you were a California girl! I am not, but I know we have a love of the beach and ocean in common.

Janis Rodgers said...

We have two things in common-our love for reading and the beach. I love it when those two things come together. The ultimate in fun! Blessings!

Lori said...

I loved learning more about you. I too love the ocean, it calms me. I am so with you on #5!!

Unknown said...

Is it a Sunfish (boat)? I remember learning to sail those at Girl Scout camp.

Fun list.

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself today.

Susanne said...

Oh you and me and #5. The same.

We're different in the beach thing, not that I don't love it, I just don't know what it's like. The only ocean beach I've ever been on is Hawaii. I have never been to the Pacific or Atlantic coasts, never mind any Caribbean, Mediteranian, or European beach. Someday.

Heth said...

I didn't know you majored in accounting. Do you run the finances at home?

Anonymous said...

I've been tagged as well. Keep trying to find time to do it. Ack. Soon. :)

Very fun to learn more about you.

Cyndi said...

Oh, it was *so* fun to read about you! And, I'm a #5 girl, too. :)

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

so fun to read these! :)

oh....how I love to read too...if only there were more time...

Karen said...

I love to read as well. I just don't have enough time these days. I do read blogs...does that count? My family spent 2 years in CA, Anaheim to be exact when my dad went to seminary there. small world.

Donnetta said...

I grew up in the Midwest. I now live in the Pacific NW. Seems we've changed places! :-)

It was so much fun getting to know you better!

Katherine@Raising Five said...

See, we just need to sit and have tea so we can talk more. Five things is just not enough (but it was nice to get to know you more!). Surely, you're a day's drive from Texas. We can do this!