Monday, May 14, 2007

Menu Plan Monday


We had a nice weekend and beautiful Mother's Day Sunday. I am so thankful for my husband. He and the kids cooked for me and cleaned up afterwards. I so appreciated this because I know how tired he is Sunday afternoons. He gets up very very early Sunday mornings to pray ( I usually hear him praying before his feet hit the floor.) My husband asked me last night if I enjoyed my day. (I think he was concerned that he hadn't taken me out for lunch on Mother's Day) I told him that if he wanted to repeat the day tomorrow he could. (smile) Nothing too exciting happening in my menu plans this week. Baseball games are beginning, so it is the start of using up the meals that I have prepared and frozen. I wasn't able to try the garlic chicken last week, so I will try it tomorrow. I will let you know what we think.
Monday: Grilled Sirloin Steak with potatoes and veggies
(I did not make this last week - our plans changed)
Wednesday: Lasagna (already made and frozen), salad & garlic bread
Thursday: Tacos, rice & beans
Friday: Grilled Hamburgers, salad & chips
For more great menu ideas visit Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie

6 comments:

The Estrogen Files said...

Looks like a yummy week! I'm just trolling for recipes to add to my own MPM!

Anonymous said...

I'm trying that 40 clove chicken!! great menu.

Cyndi said...

Your Mother's Day sounds like mine! I love, love, loved it that they cooked and cleaned up and I had NOTHING to do with it. I even took a nap! (Every Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, and on my birthday I take a nap... :::sigh::::) That was so sweet of your husband to do that on top of his Sunday ministry. That is truly "ministering at home."

Your menu looks great! When I get back I want to try that 40 clove chicken, so I'm anxious to hear what you think.

Linda said...

It sounds like a lovely Mothers' Day. When I asked my dil what my son and their five children had planned for her she said - "I just want to take a nap!" I understand.
The menu looks great!!

Anonymous said...

Pleased you had a nice weekend and Mother's Day. Bless your hubby.
LOL that’s basically what I told Muzz I could get use to having Mothers Day more often like say maybe once a month. I think we deserve it don’t you? Billy reckoned if that was the case there should be childrens day everyday - isn’t it childrens day everyday? LOL

Tammy said...

I'm so glad you had a nice Mother's Day! Your husband does sound like a sweetheart...and what a wonderful thing that he is such a man of prayer. That is truly one of the best qualities one could ever want in a husband!

We had quite the weekend, and I just posted part 1!