Monday, March 19, 2007

Some time away.....and a few other thoughts




I will be taking the next several days and step away from this blog (hopefully!) to continue preparing my heart for our upcoming Spring Ladies Retreat this weekend. I am very excited about getting away with so many ladies. The team of women putting this together have been fabulous to work with and have carefully tended to every detail with great love. I would appreciate your prayers for our time away together.



It is the end of Jennifer at Snapshot month long challenge to read with our children. One of the questions she asked was, "how did the mission help you actually read more?" Like most things, when I state publicly I plan to do something, it keeps me accountable to my plans. Although reading together is not a challenge for our family at this time, it wasn't always the case. It took discipline to set aside the time to read aloud and patience not to get frustrated with varying listening skills. But the rewards of watching and listening to my husband read to my children is so worth it. Many of the books I posted about here , we are still reading. The kids have finished some of their individual books, but not all of them. So, thank you Jennifer for hosting such a great challenge and encouraging us all to treasure those words, "mommy...will you please read to me."
I may not be here for several days, but feel free to stop in and take a peek around. Not too fancy, but hopefully it is warm and encouraging.
Blessings,
Chris

7 comments:

Natalie Joy said...

Can't wait to see what God has in store for us. Thanks for all your hard work to make this a special weekend. Just know that you will be bathed in prayer.

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

We are retreating this weekend as well...saying prayers your women will be forever marked!

Deidre said...

I'm praying God shows you something new this weekend, Chris. Enjoy it! Can't wait to hear about it.

Susanne said...

A Ladies Retreat. I have not been to one is such a long time. Have a blessed time. I can't wait to hear all about what the Lord did!

Donnetta said...

Enjoy a restful, relaxing and refreshing time away! May God renew you!

melanie said...

missed you this morning, praying that you have a blessed day and are renewed in Him! love to you today.

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining up in the Read to Me Mission. I am such a huge fan of accountability, too. I wish that I could be more disciplined without it, but until that is the case, at least I know what will work for me.