Thursday, April 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Kelsey!


What has happened? Twelve years has gone by so quickly. The day you were born will be forever etched in my mind. You were the most wonderful baby (and I am not exaggerating). Your toddler years, like most toddlers, were busy and filled with me wondering what happened to the sweet and content little baby I had just held. I love this picture of you at fifteen months in your tiny night gown and slippers. We had just arrived home from a summer camp, I had given you a bath and we were all ready for bed at like four in the afternoon. I couldn't help after a long hot week but snap a picture of you with your sun kissed cheeks.
Finally, as a preschooler your hair began to grow and stayed as a cute brunette bob for years. Elementary school has been full of growth. Your passion for gymnastics and your accomplishments in theatre ballet have helped develop your confidence to perform in front of other people. But it is your love and passion for Jesus that blesses me most.
I love to go in your room and find all the little notes you have left or see the many crafty projects you are creating. You love to read to me what you have written in your journal. I have noticed the extra time you are starting to take in the bathroom. It is a sign of things to come, but most days (weather permitting) you are outside on your bike, roller blading or just exploring with friends.


You have been my adventurous one at times, always curious and yet a very pleasant little girl. Others would not know this about you, but there is a very shy side to you. You are beginning to change into a warm, caring and lovely young lady. April 12th, your golden birthday! I pray that you will continue to love to talk, sip warm tea, and never stop wanting to just be with your mom. Kelsey, I pray that you continue to grow in character, strength and wisdom as a young woman of God. You bring our family great joy and with an older sister and three younger brothers, you hold your position well. (wink) Enjoy your tamales tonight, lots of birthday cake and thank you for waking up this morning with the best smile ever.


I love you so much!
Mom
Twelve Years Old ~ April 12, 2007

14 comments:

Heth said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELSEY!!!!

I love that first photo, what a cute little toddler you were. Kelsey, you are a sweet, beautiful girl with a smile that lights up the room. I am so glad that we have the pleasure of knowing you and that you and Noelle can be friends. Have a great day and eat an extra piece of cake, you deserve it.

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday Kelsey!

Oh...sniff, sniff...I know just what you mean. Time goes by so quickly...my little baby is about to turn 5.
Your daughter is simply lovely!
Blessings~

Anonymous said...

Ok, why am I crying?! What a precious post about a PRECIOUS young lady.

Kelsey, our family just loves you! I hope you feel really, really special today because you are and if you ever feel like you're not, call us on the phone and we will remind you that you are fun, and cool, and giggly, and spunky, and sweet, and kind, and silly, and smart, and, wonderfully designed by your Father who loves you so much.
Happy Twelve-Day!

Janis Rodgers said...

Happy Birthday Kelsey! What a beautiful girl that you are! I can see how proud your mom is of you. Blessings to you and your family!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday to Kelsey.
What a beautiful tribute to your sweet daughter. They grow so quickly, don't they? Cherish the moments. Store up the precious memories. She is a beautiful girl.

Susanne said...

Happy, happy Birthday to a beautiful young lady!

Oh Chris, what a lovely tribute to your daughter.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Kelsey
My oldest son is 12 in August
time flies by doesnt it

Tina said...

Happy Birthday Kelsey! Eat lots of Tamales! I know you love them!

Believe it or not, I see a little bit of Coleman in that first picture of you.

You are a sweet darling little girl. I can't believe you are 12! Does that mean you are only one year from being a teenager!!!?

God Bless you!

Praise and Coffee said...

What a beautiful young lady you have there! Hope she had a wonderful birthday.

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

She is PRECIOUS! Happy Birthday, Kelsey! :)

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

She is just beautiful...The birthdays just come and go waaayy too fast...Happy Birthday sweetheart!

Natalie Joy said...

Happy Birthday Special Girl!!! I feel so honored that God has brought you to our little town to bless us. You are a talented, fun, bright girl who has so much to offer. We love you!!

Kim said...

What sweet tribute, Chris! And such a beautiful daughter! Happy Birthday, Kelsey!

Kim

Adrienne said...

I am a few days late but Happy Birthday Kelsey! I remember you in that first picture and those great summer camps. I pray many blessings and protection over you and patience for Chris & Marv. Enjoy these years to come.