Friday, August 08, 2008

Bulgaria Update

As we sleep tonight (central time) the team will be leaving early in the morning (Bulgarian time) for a three hour trip to the Black Sea. This is where they will spend the remainder of their mission.

They are ministering at a camp that has been put together for both gypsies and Bulgarians ages 14-35. This is something that has never been done. (the gypsies are considered outcasts and generally not widely accepted) Please pray for their safety as they travel and that God's love would be poured out to all who attend the camp and that the missionary team would continue to be used in a powerful way to share the gospel message. I have been praying that a message of hope would come through their teachings, their touch, their smiles and to all that they come in contact with. Jeremiah 29:11

I was able to talk with my husband on Wednesday and today we tried to connect but was having trouble. I don't know if being able to see photos of him helps or makes it harder? Truly the pictures paint a beautiful picture of what God is doing. I tried a couple different times today to look through them, and found myself in tears each time. So, I refrained. But this is one of my personal favorites of my husband surrounded by children at one of the gypsy villages where they had ministered.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray the day will soon come when you can go and minister with him on a mission trip. Look how those children's faces are lit up in response to him! Or rather, the love of Jesus shining through him. Thanks again for updating. We check often to see what's new.

Melissa said...

I was noticing the children's faces, too. What a beautiful picture, Chris!

Mocha with Linda said...

That picture reminds me of my recent mission trip to Progreso. The joy on his face and their eager response to his love and attention are precious.

Hang in there, my friend.

Susanne said...

Look at the joy on his face. And the kids faces, in response to whatever he's saying are just precious.

melanie said...

Each time I ask him how you are doing, his eyes are filled with tears. We've decided just not go there, but your sacrifice will be so greatly rewarded. Love you all!!

Anonymous said...

That picture brings tears to my eyes, it is evident in the faces of the children that they have been as blessed to know your husband in the short time they got to know him as we are to have him as our Pastor, neighbor, and friend. Love you guys and feel so blessed to experience first hand your love and faithfulness to the Lord and all his children.

Amie said...

He looks like he's just LOVING it - how awesome!

Heth said...

What an awesome photo. It captures his heart and love for children. I am so excited to hear the stories that go with these photos. Praying for you as he is away Chris. Love you.