Thursday, November 23, 2006

Remembering


For me, thankfulness is remembering. It is remembering all that God has done in my life. So today, before I get busy with all the preparations for our Thanksgiving Day celebration and creating beautiful memories with my children, "I remember..."

God's goodness and graciousness throughout this past year at a new church, new home, new community, new state, and in many respects a whole new world.

The wonderful people (family) that God has brought us to serve. We are so blessed!

The love in which our new church has bestowed on my family. It has been like none other.

The children God has entrusted to me and the amazing grace he gave them in making a major move at the time we did in their young lives.

Traveling across seven states just over a year ago feeling very surreal that all of my earthly possessions were on one truck and yet the only thing that really mattered in life was sitting in the seats behind me.

Our extended families unbelievable support to follow the calling of God as they released us to go where they knew distance would prevent frequent visits.

The families we left....the ones we had poured our lives into....the ones who gave their life to Christ...I will never forget!

For God's saving grace in my own life of which I do not deserve but I am so thankful!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; His love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Too many times we forget, don't we? We are just like the people of Israel in the Old Testament. Sometimes when I am reading, I think, "How can these people forget who GOd is and what He has done for them?" Hmmm . . . sounds like me sometimes.

Susanne said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

I love the thought of the surrealness of the moving truck and your possessions and what really mattered in the car with you!

What state did you move from?

Design.by.Kina said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you:-)

Kim said...

Those words are a great example of thankfulness,no matter what the cicumstances. It sounds like God has brought you to a wonderful place. Happy Thanksgiving!

Heth said...

And we are Thankful for YOU and your whole family. Love you!

Brenda said...

HI!! I spoted you at Heth's blog and thought you were her mom.....LOL!! Glad I found you! I didn't know you had a blog!!
Thanks for that! You don't know what a blessing you are not only to me but our whole church!!!
---Brenda :)