Thursday, September 06, 2007

Finishing the Race!

I give thanks to the Lord when life is a bit uneventful. Today in the midst of my laundry folding, dust bunny chasing, and bathroom scrubbing, I pause to praise God for redemption. When I was a teenager I had a little saying posted on my bulletin board in my bedroom which I don't recall who wrote it or where it came from. It stated, "Life is short, Death is sure, Sin the cause, Christ the cure." I can remember many days reading those words above my mirror next to my closet as I left my room for the day and headed off to school. Here is a link to a beautiful tribute of a Life Lived Well. Her faith, her testimony, her trust in God inspires me to continue on and fight the good fight and finish well.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the
cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrews 12:1-2

1 comment:

Lisa Spence said...

Read the linked post...and wow...what an inspiration and challenge...thanks for sharing...