Friday, June 08, 2007

Nancy Leigh DeMoss

About five years ago I read Brokenness: The Heart God Revives by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. It was so good, that I went and purchased her two other books in the series: Surrender: The Heart God Controls and Holiness: The Heart God Purifies. So it was no surprise to me that I would absolutely love and appreciate her book Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free. For some reason I had not read this book until earlier this year.
This summer I have selected four books to either re-read or read for the first time and this is one of them. Nancy shares so many powerful "truths" in this book, that I have decided to go back through the book and look closely at many of the lies that so easily creep into my heart and meditate on the truths that Nancy shares from God's Word.

So I was thrilled on Monday when Girl Talk was posting an interview all week with Nancy Leigh DeMoss. I would encourage you to go here, here, here, and here to read the entire interview. This has only confirmed my decision to re-read this book.
She shares in this interview that she is teaming together with Dannah Gresh to co-author a book called Lies Young Women Believe. This is so awesome. Last summer my oldest daughter and I both read Dannah's book, and the Bride Wore White. This is an excellent book and a must read for every young woman.

14 comments:

Alida Sharp said...

I will have to look for this book! Thanks!

Janis Rodgers said...

I loved Lies Women Believe...I even passed on my copy to a friend (which reminds me I have not gotten back). She truly blesses me in her writing and in her programs that I load on my Ipod. Blessings to you!

Cyndi said...

Love, love, LOVE her. That book began a transformation for me several years ago. She and Gresh will be a great team for that book! My daughter and I loved the "Secret Keeper Girl" book. I'm rereading LWB this summer, as I try to read it once a year. She's coming to speak in a town near me in September, and I think that conference may just be my 40th birthday present to myself... :)

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Thanks for the tips - I've read some of NLD's articles for Family Life but have not read her books. I'm so excited! My older daughter and I read Secret Keeper Girl a couple of years ago, but The Bride Wore White, and the "collaboration" book sound really good too. I want to read them all!

(I also love Linda Dillow - thanks for your other post quoting her!).

Hope your summer is getting off to a good start. We are getting there!

Katherine@Raising Five said...

PS - Love your "new" look here (so fresh and inviting!) and your new profile pic. Beautiful!

Deidre said...

I'm just catching up. We've been out of town on vacation for the last week.

I love your new look. It's beautiful. Susie does such great work.

I'm currently reading 'Lies Women Believe'. Oh my...such a great book. It's the first I've read of hers, so thanks for the recommendations.

Linda said...

We did a Bible Study last year written by her. It included a video of her speaking at the end of each session. It was wonderful.
Thanks so much for the information about the books Chris.

Unknown said...

I just heard her on Jim Burns HomeWord podcast. I love her book A Place of Quiet Rest.

I love your new look. Hmm, it will take me some getting used to, but I think I can do it!

Praise and Coffee said...

Thanks Chris, I'll check it out!

Jenileigh said...

I learned of Nancy several years ago at a Women of Faith Conference at Liberty University. I then got her books A Quiet Place to Rest with a devotional A 30-Day Walk with God in the Psalms. Later I came across The Lies Women Believe but haven't read through these in ages. Thanks for the reminder! Many Blessings to you!

Natalie Joy said...

I've been looking for something good to read lately, maybe one of these books. I did enjoy the book we did in Bible study.

Kim said...

Chris,

That is so funny...I was just about to post a book review on this book! I have just recently read it,too! I am so excited about her book for younger girls! We will be adding that one to our *books to read* as soon as it comes out!

Kim

Lisa Spence said...

Our Bible study group just completed her study "Seeking Him" and it was WONDERFUL!--I highly recommend it.

Susanne said...

That sounds like a wonderful series! I'm going to look into it for when our ladies study group is ready for a new study.

Tagged you BTW, if you'd like to play.