Friday, December 07, 2007

Soup's On!

It's A Soup-Tacular!

I love soup. No, I really LOOOOVE soup! My all time favorite is a really good Clam Chowder. I have yet to find a good recipe for one, so if you have one please let me know. Another favorite is TORTILLA SOUP This is a favorite with my family and friends.


Tortilla Soup

1 Tbs. butter
1 yellow onion chopped finely
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1 small can green chilies
1 can diced tomatoes
(I puree the tomatoes in the blender since my husband doesn't care for pieces of tomatoes in his soup)
1 can black beans, drained
1 cup frozen corn kernels
5 cups chicken stock
2 cups shredded chicken
2 Tbs. Taco seasoning
salt and pepper to taste

For Serving:
sour cream
shredeed jack and or mild cheddar cheese
sour cream

Saute onions and garlic in butter in a large pot over medium heat until onions are translucent. Add chilies, tomatoes, beans, corn, chicken stock, chicken, and taco seasoning. Stir through on high heat until soup boils. Reduce to low. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer one hour.

Serve with sour cream, a handful of cheese, and place broken pieces of tortilla strips on top. Makes eight servings.

4 comments:

Jenileigh said...

Yummy, I'm going to have to copy this recipe down and try it. Thanks for sharing!!

Susanne said...

I love soup, love tortillas so put the two together and I'm in soup heaven.

Leslie said...

Thanks so much for the new blogger welcome! I look forward to the blogging experience!

Tina said...

I have a great italian soup recipe that we made last week! I'll have to post it.