- Buy stock in companies that produce bandaids.
- For girls, never buy a dress without first considering the "twirl factor"
- For boys, don't worry if the only word he knows is vroom. Before you know it, his vocabulary will expand from engine sounds to include body noises.
- Keep your sense of humor. What upsets you now will be good joke (or blog) material in five years.
- When your child wants to wear the same outfit two months in a row; let him. Eventually it will rot and fall off.
- In all situations, apply the "Thousand Year Test." Ask yourself, "In a thousand years will anyone care?"
- Don't be too hard on yourself. You will fail. Forgive yourself and move on.
- Above all, love "because love covers a multitude of sins." (1 Peter 4:8)
Thank you Lord for allowing me to be a Mom to the five gifts you have entrusted me with. They are all each unique and fearfully and wonderfully made. I stand in awe that I am called Mom. It is a wonderful gift!