Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Enjoy these eight, not very profound, but surely funny tips for moms of young children.


  1. Buy stock in companies that produce bandaids.
  2. For girls, never buy a dress without first considering the "twirl factor"
  3. For boys, don't worry if the only word he knows is vroom. Before you know it, his vocabulary will expand from engine sounds to include body noises.
  4. Keep your sense of humor. What upsets you now will be good joke (or blog) material in five years.
  5. When your child wants to wear the same outfit two months in a row; let him. Eventually it will rot and fall off.
  6. In all situations, apply the "Thousand Year Test." Ask yourself, "In a thousand years will anyone care?"
  7. Don't be too hard on yourself. You will fail. Forgive yourself and move on.
  8. Above all, love "because love covers a multitude of sins." (1 Peter 4:8)

Thank you Lord for allowing me to be a Mom to the five gifts you have entrusted me with. They are all each unique and fearfully and wonderfully made. I stand in awe that I am called Mom. It is a wonderful gift!

7 comments:

Praise and Coffee said...

The twirl factor is very important!!

Happy Mother's Day!

Donnetta said...

To be called mom... a gift indeed!

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Rachel Anne said...

GREAT TIPS!! Happy Mother's Day, hope it's a special day.

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too Chris!

Anonymous said...

happy Mothers Day Chris

Cyndi said...

I loved this!! I loved number 5- I have indeed waited for clothes to rot and fall off. And they have. :)

Number 6 is so important, too. I've even shortened it to 5 years and it has put so much in perspective.

Happy Mother's Day to one of the best moms I know!

Deidre said...

Great list, Chris. I must say, our most important feature to look for in any dress is the 'twirl factor' :) So important!