As we conclude our Tuesday morning ladies bible study at church on God's Steadfast Love, much of the teaching has been centered around Psalm 139. Debbie Alsdorf concludes the study guide with these facts about Psalm 139:
1. God knows me, I am not a stranger to Him.
2. He understands me as an individual.
3. He is intimately acquainted with me.
4. He knows me well enough to know what I'll say next.
5. He is covering me, I am protected.
6. He is always with me.
7. I cannot separate myself from the love of God.
8. He leads me.
9. He holds my hand.
10. My life is not in darkness, but basks in His light.
11. He made me, putting all the pieces together
12. I am a wonderful work of God's hand.
13. My life is a miracle.
14. My days have been ordained by God.
15. His thoughts are tender toward me.
16. He is always thinking of me.
17. God preserves me from day to day.
18. When I wake to start a new day, He is still with me.
19. I am alive by His design and plan.
Even in my sinful state, God knows me, loves me and is intimately involved in every part of my life. This leads to our study today on "Trust".
Why then do we struggle to truly "trust" in the Lord with all our heart?(Proverbs 3:5-6)