Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I know...I know...

I told you here I would be away for a few days, but this morning I woke up with the stomach flu and was unable to be at our ladies bible study so I missed the time in prayer and study of God's word. I was able to take a nap this morning and I am drinking fluids. The extra rest was good!

I came downstairs to my computer to do my devotions and I have to give a shout out to two posts I read this afternoon which have inspired and challenged me. If you haven't stopped by CWO's new Internet Cafe,

than now is the time. The post is titled "You Can't Have Her!" and be prepared you may find yourself ready to ride into battle with the sword of the spirit, the helmet of salvation, the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, the shield of faith, and your feet covered with the gospel of peace shouting those exact words, "You can't have her!" So many come to mind as I prepare to get down on my knees praying in the Spirit for those who are lost and hurting. I also see that there are those who need my arms to lock with theirs and hear those words, "you are not alone."


And if that isn't enough...then go and read Cyndi at One Day More take some "bread and a few fish" (a $250.00 check and some prayers) and read how God has transformed their lives and thinking when it comes to their treasure. It will change the question from, "Lord, how much do I give?" to "Lord, how much should I keep?

Go, read and be encouraged!

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

Okay- get well! You and Lisa and your women's retreats... I wish I could be at one! Better yet, combine them then I could here both of y'all bring a word. :)

Deidre said...

Thank you for the links, Chris.
Hope you are feeling better soon!